Saturday, December 1, 2012

Shadow Games

"Betrayed by his friend and left far from home, hunted by those he has tried to destroy. Delicate balances of power dance a dangerous tango of death. Never knowing who he can trust, under deep cover and trapped, he journeys to find a way out and guard the secrets he holds. Far across the ocean, waiting in safety, his lover walks the beaches of a distant shore, waiting for him to return to her. Such a dangerous path one leads when he decides to play in the Shadow Games."

Today is exciting! I completed my latest track, Shadow Games, and published my first YouTube music video for the song. Now, being a one-man-shop at this point with absolutely no graphic art or video skills, I have chosen to develop my first video as a slideshow of pictures with text overlay to tell the story.

With each track that I write, I try to tell a story of some kind. If possible, I try to realize a composition that will explore the theme and story from beginning to end. When composing Shadow Games, I envisioned a story of a secret agent, badly wounded, trapped in a far away country and hunted by the enemy agency. His duty to his nation and protecting the secrets he possesses drive him to avoid capture and navigate through the clandestine world. Amongst everything else, his romantic desire to protect his lover and to see her again, which keeps him alive with hope in the face of great danger.

Driving guitar riffs, exotic asian percussion, and a steady pumping bass were my weapon of choice in this composition of betrayal, danger, and love.

You can hear this latest track at http://soundcloud.com/clinton-stevens/get-out-of-the-way

You can watch my new YouTube video below :


Please stop by and visit my musical selection at www.soundcloud.com/clinton-stevens.
You can also visit me on my YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzOjB4itR0U7z5aNxLtxaKQ?feature=mhee.

No comments:

Post a Comment