Saturday, January 26, 2013

Gear Upgrade!

So, it's been a rough couple of weeks for me. I'm in the middle of a nasty cold (cold medicine a plenty). The weather has picked up and become suddenly cold for a Virginia January. We have just now gotten all of the snow that has been making it's way east. Despite the nasty cold, I've been able to muster enough strength to compose my latest track "Winds of Change". I'm not sure I'm gonna keep that title, I've gotten some feedback about it in regards to the mood of the music, so don't be surprised if it sails under a different banner later this week.

To compose this latest piece, I've been experimenting with my newest addition to the studio...a Korg Kronos X88 workstation. My wife bought this fantastical piece of musical powerhouse for me for our Anniversary (You are the Best, Baby!). I have been pleasantly surprised at the quality of sound and breadth of LFO manipulation and other capabilities. It'll be a couple months before I learn what I want to about this thing.

I've also taken a brave step out with a vocal piece sung by none other than (he who cannot sing well) me :D. The last vocal song I recorded was plagued with recording issues due to my amateur mic setup. So, this time I've upgraded. My vocal recording setup now consists of a Tupe MP Project Series pre-amp, Yeti Blue Mic and a sound guard around the mic. I think the vocal recording came out tremendously better this time around. You can hear the results of my latest vocal setup on SoundCloud at https://soundcloud.com/clinton-stevens/yesterday-today. My daughter has volunteered to sing a newer rendition for me, her voice is much better than mine.

Well, that's all I have for today, thank you for stopping by. Hope you come by again soon :D.

No comments:

Post a Comment