Saturday, February 23, 2013

Vegas Baby!

So, my wife owns and operates a Fashion Boutique in Virginia Beach (Haute Swan). As part of her developing business she attended a Las Vegas convention called Magic. As the supportive husband, I have accompanied her (oh the torture, eating out every night, hotels, pools, and resorts). The end result is me being away from my studio for a week.

During my time in Vegas I have worked on a music job creating Radio Jingles for a news radio station. In addition to my jingle work, I've been working on my day job, and of course, couldn't stay away from composing a couple of new tracks.

How did I get this composition work done remotely from a hotel room without the benefit of my weighted Korg Kronos, grand piano, or studio monitors you may ask? Well here's my crazy gettup:

1. Macbook Pro with Logic Pro 9 DAW
2. Line 6 MobileKeys25 as my midi controller/instrument

Now I must admit, I had no idea how much inspiration springs from the instrument one plays. Although my Line 6 MobileKeys is effective and gets the job done, the keys are "squishy" and only having access to 25 keys is very limiting, forcing me to get creative...I do miss my fully weighted Korg and piano, but I must admit, the result has been surprisingly good.
The end result has been some SoundCloud posts and couple Jingles (can't release yet):

No comments:

Post a Comment