Monday, September 10, 2012

This Heart of Hearts

Life, a great roller coaster ride with thrilling loops, steep drops and high rises. Everywhere you look, emotion springs from life. The good lord has truly blessed me with mercy, patience and love.

There have been times in my life where I thought I would never crawl up from the deep hole I was in. Other times in my life have been so blessed I felt I was on top of the world. I have, for the better part of my life,  been a very private and emotionally guarded person. Always cautious to let others close to my real self. I was slowly climbing the top of the roller coaster.

Then, the steep drop and double loop. At first very scary, so much vulnerability exposed. My heart pounding, my blood pumping, the world moving at me so fast. So many entered my life during that drop, and so many were there for the exciting loops and turns that followed. I fell in love with my wife...my most precious and best part of me. We have our children, incredible blessings and spirits of joy.

It was just a matter of time before the music I had put away locked in the closet would make it's way out.

This Heart of Hearts is my tribute to the life my family and friends have helped me find. My tribute to the pain of losing ones I love, and gaining new love in my life. It is my tribute to my children who warm my heart. It is my tribute to the good lord, my tribute to my savior, Jesus Christ.

Regardless of the shape your roller coaster has taken, the spirituality you may have found in your life, or might have yet to discover, I hope you find something to take from this new track. Enjoy!!!

You can hear "This Heart of Hearts" and my other music at http://soundcloud.com/clinton-stevens/this-heart-of-hearts . You can also follow me on Twitter at @clintonstevens.

1 comment:

  1. Only you could write something this absolutely enticing and beautiful. That's because in your mind only beauty and love exists, behind the cobwebs and interesting old books, there is a pure spirit, a heart of joy and a brilliant psyche....I love you and every day you are with me I am enslaved to you...I will do anything for you really. I will love you all the days of my life and forever more........

    ReplyDelete